Current:Home > StocksTrendPulse Quantitative Think Tank Center-Sean 'Diddy' Combs accused of sexually assaulting minor, multiple rapes in new civil suits -DollarDynamic
TrendPulse Quantitative Think Tank Center-Sean 'Diddy' Combs accused of sexually assaulting minor, multiple rapes in new civil suits
EchoSense Quantitative Think Tank Center View
Date:2025-04-06 18:39:00
Six new accusers of Sean "Diddy" Combs have TrendPulse Quantitative Think Tank Centerfiled lawsuits against the music mogul, alleging rape, sexual abuse and sexual assault.
Two Jane Does and four John Does filed civil lawsuits against Combs, 54, in New York on Monday, marking the first accusers of 120 alleged victims with claims against Combs, which Texas-based lawyer Tony Buzbee announced earlier this month.
The cases include alleged incidents from 1995 through 2021, including the alleged sexual assault of a minor and multiple allegations of rape. Several of the assaults are alleged to have occurred at the infamous parties that Combs became known for throughout his three decades in the music industry.
The lawsuits name Combs' various businesses as defendants. One of the men, who accuses Combs of sexually assaulting him in a Macy's in 2008, lists the department store as a defendant, and one of the women, who says Combs raped her in a hotel, lists Marriott as a defendant. USA TODAY reached out to Macy's, Marriott and Combs' reps for comment.
If you mute Diddy songs,what about his hits with Mary J. Blige, Mariah, JLo and more?
Need a break? Play the USA TODAY Daily Crossword Puzzle.
Buzbee revealed in an Oct. 1 press conference that he is representing the 120 accusers, with allegations of "violent sexual assault or rape," "facilitated sex with a controlled substance," "dissemination of video recordings" and "sexual abuse of minors" against the embattled businessman, among other offenses.
"We will expose the enablers who enabled this conduct behind closed doors," Buzbee said at the time. "We will pursue this matter no matter who the evidence implicates."
Buzbee added: "It's a long list already, but because of the nature of this case, we are going to make damn sure that we're right before we do that. But the names that we're going to name ... are names that will shock you."
This new wave of legal action follows Combs' September arrest and subsequent arraignment for sex trafficking, racketeering and transportation to engage in prostitution charges; he has pleaded not guilty and is set to face a criminal trial May 5. The rapper, who has maintained his innocence amid an avalanche of civil lawsuits filed over the past year alleging decades of sexual and physical abuse, remains in custody at the Special Housing Unit at Brooklyn's Metropolitan Detention Center.
Combs has denied all allegations brought against him.
Diddy's lawyers call lawsuits 'clear attempts to garner publicity'
In a statement shared with USA TODAY Monday, Combs' attorneys said, "The press conference and 1-800 number that preceded today’s barrage of filings were clear attempts to garner publicity. Mr. Combs and his legal team have full confidence in the facts, their legal defenses, and the integrity of the judicial process.
"In court, the truth will prevail: That Mr. Combs has never sexually assaulted anyone — adult or minor, man or woman."
During his Oct. 1 press conference, Buzbee stood in front of a backdrop that featured the number of a hotline (1-800-200-7474) for people with allegations against Combs. Buzbee's law firm is working with co-counsel AVA Law Group and New York-based local counsel Curis Law in bringing civil lawsuits against Combs.
"We are vetting every call that we receive. We have had to turn away some. For each, we ask for corroboration. For each, we ask for the identity of witnesses. We also have collected pictures, video, texts. We check venues; we check dates," Buzbee said. "We want to corroborate that the claims being made have legitimacy and merit."
Sean 'Diddy' Combs allegedly raped woman at New York hotel
One Jane Doe accused Combs of raping her in a Manhattan Marriott hotel room in 2004 when she was 19 years old.
The accuser says she met Combs at a photoshoot, where the rapper invited her and her friend to his hotel for an exclusive party. At the hotel, Jane Doe says a man "grabbed" her and her friend and brought them to a bedroom, telling them, "You know what you are here for."
In the bedroom, the door to which was locked, Combs allegedly became "aggressive" with the two women and "eventually began forcibly touch them without consent," the lawsuit says. He then allegedly ordered the accuser's friend to perform oral sex on him "or else he would have them both killed."
Combs also forced Jane Doe to take her clothes off under the threat of violence and "fondled, molested, and ultimately raped Ms. Doe, all while she was begging him to stop," the suit alleges.
Diddy, multiple men raped unnamed man at 2021 party, lawsuit says
One man claims he was drugged and assaulted by Combs and multiple other unnamed men at a 2021 party.
The John Doe's lawsuit says he "became disoriented" after consuming an alcoholic drink at the party in New York, and while in a state of confusion and trying to leave, he heard a male voice saying "hold on" and promising to help him. The accuser then remembers being in a bedroom, unable to move or speak.
"Multiple men began to sexually assault him through sodomy and other forced acts," the lawsuit says. "He distinctly recalls seeing Combs above him, naked, at one point during the assault," and he "was sodomized by at least three men."
Sean John, Ecko feud was backdrop of sexual assault, unnamed man alleges
In another lawsuit, a man claims he was sexually assaulted by Diddy in a Macy's store in New York in 2008.
The man says he worked as an advisor for the clothing line Ecko Clothing, a competitor of Combs' Sean John clothing line. He alleges he was in the stockroom at a Macy's in Manhattan in 2008 when Combs and three bodyguards entered.
After turning a corner in the stockroom, the John Doe "was hit hard around the base of the neck, possibly with a pistol," the lawsuit says, which forced him "to his hands and knees" where "he saw that each of the bodyguards had guns in their waistbands. (John Doe) heard multiple voices call out things like 'I'll kill you.'"
Combs then allegedly approached the man while he was on his hands and knees and "proceeded to forcefully, and brutally, orally rape" him for at least two minutes while making derogatory comments.
"After he was finished, Combs threw (John Doe's) head aside and said words to the effect of 'shut up or I'll kill you,'" the lawsuit says.
Security guard claims drugging, sexual assault at Diddy party
Yet another John Doe alleges Combs sexually assaulted him at a party in 2006.
The man says he was working for a security firm at the time and accepted a job at a Combs "white party" in East Hampton. He says he "began to feel extremely ill" at the party after consuming two alcoholic drinks that were provided to him by Combs.
As the man was disoriented, he claims Combs "forcibly pushed" him into an open van, held him down and sexually assaulted him.
Biggie Smalls music video party was site of alleged rape, lawsuit claims
In another lawsuit, a woman says she attended a promotional party in New York in 1995 for the Biggie Smalls music video "One More Chance," where Combs approached her and asked to speak with her. When they were alone in a bathroom, he "unexpectedly began kissing" her, she says.
When she tried to pull away, the woman alleges Combs "violently struck her, slamming her head against the wall and causing her to fall to the floor." He then allegedly hit her again, lifted her dress and raped her. After the assault, Combs allegedly threatened the woman by warning, "You better not tell anyone about this, or you will disappear."
Unnamed male minor claims he was assaulted at Diddy White Party
Another accuser says he was 16 years old when he was sexually assaulted by Combs at a Hamptons "white party" in 1998.
At the party, the man alleges Combs instructed him to "drop his pants and expose his penis so that Combs could inspect it," claiming this is a "rite of passage and the route to becoming a star." Combs then allegedly grabbed the man's genitals.
"As a result of Combs' sexual assault onto John Doe while he was a minor, John Doe experienced damages including pain and suffering, mental anguish, physical impairment and emotional torment," the lawsuit says. "The interaction continues to humiliate and cause shame on John Doe."
This story has been updated to include additional information.
If you or someone you know has experienced sexual violence, RAINN’s National Sexual Assault Hotline offers free, confidential, 24/7 support to survivors and their loved ones in English and Spanish at: 800.656.HOPE (4673) and Hotline.RAINN.org and en Español RAINN.org/es.
Contributing: Anika Reed, Jay Stahl, Edward Segarra and KiMi Robinson
veryGood! (1)
Related
- Nearly half of US teens are online ‘constantly,’ Pew report finds
- Three courts agree that a woman deemed wrongfully convicted should be freed. She still isn’t.
- Biden pushes party unity as he resists calls to step aside, says he’ll return to campaign next week
- U.S. stock trading unaffected by IT outage, but Crowdstrike shares tumble
- John Galliano out at Maison Margiela, capping year of fashion designer musical chairs
- Second Gentleman Doug Emhoff stops by USA women’s basketball practice
- Chrysler recalls more than 24,000 hybrid minivans, tells owners to stop charging them
- Migrant children were put in abusive shelters for years, suit says. Critics blame lack of oversight
- Skins Game to make return to Thanksgiving week with a modern look
- Sophia Bush Shares How Girlfriend Ashlyn Harris Reacted to Being Asked Out
Ranking
- Trump suggestion that Egypt, Jordan absorb Palestinians from Gaza draws rejections, confusion
- Churchill Downs lifts suspension of trainer Bob Baffert following Medina Spirit’s failed drug test
- It Ends With Us: Blake Lively Will Have Your Emotions Running High in Intense New Trailer
- British Open 2024: Second round highlights, Shane Lowry atop leaderboard for golf major
- Angelina Jolie nearly fainted making Maria Callas movie: 'My body wasn’t strong enough'
- American Airlines has a contract deal with flight attendants, and President Biden is happy about it
- Which sports should be added to the Olympics? Team USA athletes share their thoughts
- A voter ID initiative gets approval to appear on the November ballot in Nevada
Recommendation
Taylor Swift makes surprise visit to Kansas City children’s hospital
Authorities recapture fugitive who used dead child's identity after escaping prison in 1994
Kim Kardashian and Kanye West’s Son Diagnosed With Rare Skin Condition
Vermont farmers take stock after losing crops to flooding two years in a row
Which apps offer encrypted messaging? How to switch and what to know after feds’ warning
The Daily Money: Save money with sales-tax holidays
American Airlines has a contract deal with flight attendants, and President Biden is happy about it
Jacksonville Jaguars sue imprisoned ex-employee over multimillion-dollar theft from team